Friday, 17 October 2008

Lake Mashu


Today we went to explore the Mashu area. Turned out that the only thing to really see was Lake Mashu - 11km away. Ed said we could walk to it in an hour and a half, liar. We got there after walking along a really long obscure road (with things like 'Cow Shack', 'Milk Shop' and a Blair Witch shack) alongside it. So many tourist busses must have passed us, I think they had the right idea. The view of the lake was really amazing though, but I hurt my leg a little getting up to it. I dont understand alot of Japanese tourists though. They come to Hokkaido to find peace and spend time in nature, but in reality, they hop off a coach with their huge tour group, take a photo in front of a sign, rush a long the view, and then hop back on their bus to the next stop. Kind of defeats the object.
The hotel we were at had a public hot spring bath which I used to help my leg recover a bit.
I seem to be getting a lot of exercise here in Japan.