Sunday, 26 October 2008

Yoyogi, Akiba and Shinjuku

Today, as its a Sunday, we decided to head back to Yoyogi park to see the music again. This time, the music wasn't so varied and good (though there was still lots to choose from) but there seemed to be more Harajuku Cosplayers on the bridge, but just as unsociable before. We went for a walk around the Harajuku shopping streets and saw part of a Disney Halloween parade.
In the afternoon, we went to Akihabara as I wanted to do some shopping. I managed to loot a Neon Genesis Evangelion umbrella, some chocobo mobile phone chains and a few Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy mini figures. I also got myself some DS accesories as Yodobashi Camera. Walking around Akihabara is strange as you can walk into an innocent toy shop and then spot figures of octopuses trying to gain...entry...to naked anime girls. A bit gross but hillarious to walk around. As long as youre not by yourself, that makes you a pervert.
In the evening we met another Skype friend of mine, Soichi, for dinner. We went out for a tenpura dinner which was really good (and pretty cheap) and I got to try some Conger Eel which didnt really taste so fishy but it was good. After we went to a traditional (but modernised) tea house a little walk away for a drink. Its nice to know local people as they know some nice places to go that you usually wouldn't be aware of.
So today I spent quite a lot but I feel better for it. I could easily spend so much more in Akihabara if I had it to spare.