
Ed fell asleep before he managed to set his alarm last night so we ended up waking a little late. However we did have time to head over to Odaiba to go visit the Miraikan (future building). Getting there was half the fun. On the way there, in one of the many station>department store>station complexes was a book shop with a book about Ghilbi's latest offering, Punyo. Normally I would not pick up a kids comic book but this had all of the kanji used with furigana so it is really useful for learning kanji for me. And the artwork is great. Also on the way there, we took a strange train that seemed to float through the sky. The track was suspended in the air and the rail was low so it seemed to weave between the Tokyo skyscrapers and across the sea to Odaiba.
The Miraikan in Odaiba was really interesting. It was huge and was home to the Asimo robot. I was excited to go to the demo of it but unfortunately they seemed to be using its technology in another robot and were just displaying how it "could move". Lame. At least I got to see it in person though, even if it was dead inside. I managed to get the last seat of the "cyber human" show in the virtual reality theatre. However, its not as exciting as it sounds. It was more 90s-style-schoolfilm about hospital technology on a huge screen. Not quite virtual reality. So yeah, the shows they held were pretty overhyped but the exhibits were cool.
After we went out to Shinjuku to have a second attempt at finding "Disk Union". This time we found it and I managed to grab used Orange Range, Dragon Ash, Every Little Thing and Bonnie Pink albums for about £5 the lot. Great!
When we went to look for somewhere for dinner, Ed got harassed by a man selling women it seemed. At least I knew enough negative Japanese to get him away from us.
All in all, a fun day but I should stop buying things until we come back here again next month"