
Today we were heading to Matsuyama stopping at Uwajima. Uwajima has a sex shrine and museum. And a really big fancy temple. But I thought the sex museum was more entertaining. You werent allowed to take photos in there, but I think most of the images will stick with me. Kittens just arent meant to be used for that kind of things. The museum was mainly a collection of sex pictures, sculptures and things that reminded the collector of sex. This seemed to include a plastic toy corn-cob and a wind up turtle. Whatever floats his boat I guess.
We continued onward to Matsuyama....where we went to the onsen! It was quite strange to be bathing with a lot of naked Japanese men, but it didnt feel that wierd to be naked. it took us a while to understand the process but somebody (a fully clothed assistant) made sure we were ok. What I found odd was that some men used a small towel to cover themselves up until they got in.....to the crystal clear water. Kind of defeats the object.
After we left, it turned out there was a Taiko drum band playing outside. They were really good and we watched them until they finished. After that, we went for dinner at a cafe. I had curry again....it was ok but 40% of the plate was sauce. After that, we grabbed an ice cream and headed back to the hostel. I slept all the way through the night which is a first in a while. Perhaps it was the magical spring water?