Thursday, 18 September 2008

Venturing to Mount Aso - kinda


we hopped onto some trains going to Mount Aso, a collection of mountains surrounding one huge mountain. However, the weather was not so good as we are now on the edge of the typhoon. So we arrived at the station, grabbed some lunch and rang the pension where we are staying to be collected. The people at the pension (Pension Angelica) are really nice and the house is beautiful. It's not very close to the attractions however and because its getting typhoony, we figured it'd be a good idea to stop in and have a rest. Dinner was about 5 courses, each really good. It was nice to have something familiar as opposed to noodles and salty vegetables. Though I like both to be honest. The best thing about the place is it has its own private onsen bath which might be worth getting up early tomorrow for another go in.
So although not a very sight-seeingy day, I'm happy to have a rest from trekking around and hostels (which I got about 10 days of after this so I might get an early night!).